Change for Business Success With Simulation
- Are you concerned by increasing investments in simulation with no reduction in testing? Do you see poor ability to estimate the value of numerical simulation and to predict operational product performance? Are you certain that numerical simulation produces positive economic value?
- Do you feel that the knowledge and time of experts and engineers are poorly used?
- Do you see the need for improved information and tool-usage strategy in engineering and production?
Simulation Governance addresses exactly these issues prevalent in industrial organizations. Simulation Governance is the exercise of command and control over numerical simulation projects. In all major industrial corporations there are different types of simulation and therefore there is a need for a Simulation Governance strategy. Predict Change has demonstrated industrial experience in both model based and [measurement] data based strategies. The most fundamental Simulation Governance concept is the separation of model and numerical solution in numerical simulation. This in order to deliver the three business goals with Simulation Governance: 1.) Test reduction, 2.) Error-free automation and 3.) Knowledge preservation.
Today, Simulation Governance is recognized as a prerequisite for modernization of product design, engineering and production.
Simulation Governance must enable and support each organization’s business targets, priorities.
Simulation Governance has two main definition roles:
- Set the goals, objectives and metrics for numerical simulation to fit the mission of each organization or department (Wikipedia)
- Establish the technical requirements for numerical simulation, including error control and data management (Notre Dame) and here.
An important component of Simulation Governance is securing the correct introduction, implementation and operation of Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Quantification as addressed for example in the following publications: a.), b.) and c.)
As, some of the key findings at a recent, specialized Simulation Governance seminar concluded, Simulation Governance addresses the following critical needs in industry:
- Goal: Simulation based knowledge generation
- Successful Digital Twin design, implementation and operation
- Increased confidence in simulation with documented benefits
- Resolve challenge of people´s conflicting commitments and roles
- Establish protocols for incorporation of new information into process and organization.
Simulation Governance includes the following activities:
- Simulation management
- Simulation data management
- Simulation innovation
- Simulation process and data management.
In addition, Simulation Governance is a critical part of:
- Digital engineering
- Engineering modernization
- Digital production
- Digital manufacturing
- Digital product service
- Product lifecycle management – PLM.
Predict Change is unique in its ability to offer proven, consistent, independent competences in each of these areas and its background in predictive simulation and strategic product design, engineering and management. Contact Predict Change to find out more about Predict Change’s references and next training at:
Change to Business Success with Simulation Governance
Yes, I am interested to learn more about Simulation Governance and how to Change to success in simulation and especially in numerical simulation.
Please, contact me.